Subscribe Us

Sandra Bullock says she’s “still embarrassed” by ‘Speed 2’

Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock says she’s “still embarrassed” to have starred in Speed 2.

The actor recently reflected on the notorious sequel in a new interview with TooFab, saying it “makes no sense” as a concept.

“That’s one I wished I hadn’t done and no fans came around, that I know of,” Bullock said of the film, saying she doesn’t know of anyone who has since enjoyed the film after rewatching.

“I’m still embarrassed I was in it,” she added. “I’ve been very vocal about it. Makes no sense. Slow boat. Slowly going towards an island.”

At the end of last year, Bullock’s Speed co-star Keanu Reeves explained why he turned down the sequel.

“At the time I didn’t respond to the script. I really wanted to work with Sandra Bullock, I loved playing Jack Traven, and I loved Speed, but an ocean liner?” he told Graham Norton.

“I had nothing against the artists involved, but at that time I had the feeling it just wasn’t right.”

Meanwhile, Sandra Bullock recently revealed she intends on taking a break from acting “for a while” to focus on raising her children.

Bullock said that her “work in front of the camera needs to take a pause…until I don’t feel like I feel now when I’m in front of a camera” (via Entertainment Weekly).

When asked how she felt, the actor replied: “I want to be at home. So I’m not doing anyone any favours who’s investing in a project if I’m saying, ‘I just want to be at home.’ Because I was always running, I was always running to the next thing. I just want to be present and responsible for one thing.”

The post Sandra Bullock says she’s “still embarrassed” by ‘Speed 2’ appeared first on NME.


Post a Comment

0 Comments