Subscribe Us

Kathy Griffin remembers “magical” Robin Williams’ help after she “bombed” on stage

Comedian Kathy Griffin and Robin Williams

Kathy Griffin has recalled the time Robin Williams helped her after she “bombed” on stage.

Speaking to the Hollywood Reporter, the US comedian revealed that the late actor was the first person that left her starstruck.

Griffin then went on to say that he later became a mentor to her. Williams died by suicide at the age of 63 in 2014.

“I will always owe him and be so grateful to him. He would take time and give me notes. One time we were both on Comic Relief and I bombed so horribly that my people wouldn’t even talk to me,” she recalled.

“Robin came over and he’s like ‘I’m so sorry, I think I touched on one of your topics before your set, I didn’t know you were gonna talk..’ and I was like ‘You don’t have to apologise, at least you’re talking to me’.

“So I’d say he was the first person that knocked my socks off because he was so magical, whether he was on camera or not.”

Meanwhile, Sally Field also hailed Williams’ kindness after she recently revealed that he changed the filming order of Mrs Doubtfire so she could leave filming after her father died.

Elsewhere, fans of Adam Sandler pleaded with the actor not to remake Disney’s 1997 movie Flubber earlier this month.

Williams starred in the original movie and it appeared that Sandler was set to star in a sequel when a poster of the actor seemingly playing Professor Philip Brainard was shared on Facebook.

It later turned out to be fake but that didn’t stop fans from calling on the actor not to take up the role in the movie.

The post Kathy Griffin remembers “magical” Robin Williams’ help after she “bombed” on stage appeared first on NME.


Post a Comment

0 Comments